The Power Of Google Search For Your Business, Part 3: Google My Business
Google My Business is a fantastic tool that can ultimately help you get more customers.
According to Google, Google My Business is,
“A free and easy-to-use tool for businesses and organizations to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. To help customers find your business, and to tell them your story, you can verify your business and edit your business information.”
Google My Business is a must have if you want your business to be discoverable and so that you can keep your audience informed and up to date on where you’re located, how to contact you, and what you offer.
And most importantly, Google My Business helps with local SEO!
Think about your own search practices. A lot of consumers visit a store or make a purchase the same day that they perform a local search.
But if a business listing is incomplete, inconsistent from that of their website or social media account, or just plain wrong, trust in that local business is quickly lost.
That being said, like most things relating to your business marketing efforts, if you hope to get the most out of this free business tool, you must optimize it.
1. Set Up And Optimize
While the set up and optimization strategies that you choose to use for your GMB listing will be unique to your business type, here are some suggestions that can make a big impact:
Add images to your GMB listing
A good image captures the attention of your audience and can do a lot to encourage their purchasing decisions.Try uploading a variety of photos, such as exterior and interior store photos, your products, your work, and your staff.
Create a compelling business description
Before you tackle your business description, make sure you review what you can and can’t say in your GMB description. (Google WILL review this.) Once you’re clear, use the 750 character to tell your visitors what differentiates you from the competition, and try to make every word count!
Add service options or product descriptions
GBM now offers the option to showcase your products or services which is a great way to make a positive impression and further exposure on what you do best.
Try to make sure the products and services page that you link to closely matches what you’ve listed as your “services” in the GMB listing itself. Remember, Google is always comparing, so consistency is key!
2. Use Reviews
As a business owner, it’s critical to ask for reviews from your clients, but how you utilize those reviews is just as important.
Here are a few ways you can encourage your customers to help you spread the word about your business through reviews:
- Make leaving a review quick and easy for your clients by providing them with a link. You may even consider incentivizing them to leave reviews with a discount off of a future product or service!
- Be sure to reply positively to all reviews left. A personal reply helps build trust between you and your customers, and it’s important for them to know that you value their input.
- Sign up for a review system like our EZ BIZ Review. This service is simply the best solution to get more reviews. You copy and paste your customer’s name and email, and the EZ Biz Reviews system does the rest! We’ll also add a review pop up widget and dedicated reviews page to your website so that you can build trust with your future prospects.
3. Post Updates And Specials On A Consistent Basis
There are a host of different options in your GMB listing for updates of all kinds. You have the option to share happenings in your company, blog posts, upcoming specials, events, and you can even highlight some of your best testimonials.
4. Upgrade Your Website
If you want great results on Google, you need to have an up to date and thoughtfully designed website.
A custom website:
- Let’s Your Brand Shine
- Gives You Control Over SEO (& Other Functions!)
- Looks Professional And Helps You Stay Ahead Of The Competition
Littlejohn’s Web Shop provides custom web design, social media management, email marketing, digital marketing services, and Google Search, to provide you with the holistic marketing plan you need to scale your business.