Where You Should Be Marketing In 2020
New marketing trends, techniques, platforms, and strategies are popping up constantly.
If you advertise your business online (and you should) it can be difficult to keep up with these ever evolving changes.
But – if you dig your heels in, and refuse to embrace the latest marketing changes, the fact is, you will fall behind the pack.
The only way to stay ahead of the competition is by paying close attention to what’s working in marketing.
Today, we want to go over the best places for you to be marketing your business in 2020.
As we enter a new decade, taking the time to create a solid marketing strategy for your business will result in huge payoffs throughout the year and beyond.
Social media platforms are, and will continue to be, one of the best places you can put your marketing efforts.
But out of all of the social media platforms in existence, Facebook is still king.
Facebook has about 2.41 billion active users every day.
No matter who your business is targeting, you can be sure you will find them on Facebook.
Benefits Of Using Facebook To Market:
- Facebook gives business owners the ability to get really granular with their targeting. By targeting your niche and your ideal audience, you will ultimately increase the overall quality of your sales in 2020.
- Thanks to the use of Facebook messenger and chat bots, you can better nurture your customer base. Facebook can help you respond quickly to questions and can automatically provide much of the information about your business that your audience is searching for.
- Facebook makes it easy to track and limit your advertising budget. No more wondering what your advertising return on investment actually is – Facebook can track it for you down to the detail.
How To Start Your Facebook Marketing Plan:
- Create a Facebook Business Account
If you haven’t already set up a business manager account, this will be your first step.
- Tell Your Existing Customers About Your Facebook Page
You can encourage your clients to follow your page by incentivising them with coupons or raffles, or you can ask them to follow with a printed note on your business cards and receipts.
- Create A Content Strategy
Use different mediums like video, images, and longer form copy to keep things interesting. You also want to make sure you are posting regularly and staying engaged with your fans.
- Find Your Winning Ads
- Track Your Metrics And Refine
According to Digital Agency Network,
“Email marketing has many advantages associated with it.
When used properly, it can leverage sales, generate new customers and help in their retention. While social networks first need to engage people so that they can become customers.”
Benefits of using email to market:
- When you market via email, you are reaching a “warm,” or already interested audience. After all, your list willingly provided you with their email addresses so they have at least some interest in what you have to say! This makes email marketing a lot easier than cold outreach advertising.
- Email marketing is cost effective and gives you a fantastic return on investment.
According to Trinity Insight, “One of the main reasons why email marketing continues to be a resilient form of advertising – even for brands that specifically market to younger generations – is because of its exceptional ROI. It’s estimated that for every dollar you spend on email marketing, you can expect to get $44 back in return.
Not only does email marketing have an impressive ROI, but it’s also fairly inexpensive for most brands. “
How to start your email marketing plan:
- Choose Your Email Marketing Tools
You will need a platform like MailChimp or ActiveCampaign so you can send and track your emails all in one place.
- Create An Opt In Strategy
Before you can market to your list, you’ll need a list.
One of the most effective ways to acquire names is by giving away something of value in exchange for that email address. You can ask your audience to opt in for a free report, special coupon, ebook, recipe collection, or instructional video. Consider your current client base and come up with something that would be the most helpful to them.
- Plan Your Content
You want to get a good mix of high value and promotional content whenever possible. The best practice is to give 2 or 3 times as much as you “take.” Inform, inspire, and provide your subscribers with content they will enjoy reading, and you will get less unsubscribes.
Advertising on Google has many pros for your business.
By using Google Ads, you create a kind of shortcut for getting the traction to your website, with far less effort.
Google Ads also generally prioritizes your business above natural search results, giving people all the more reason to click on your links.
Benefits of using Google to market:
- Google has a very vast reach – 3.5 billion searches every day!
- You pay per click with Google ads. This means you only pay Google when you have an actual web visitor. Win-win for everyone.
- Google has great targeting capabilities. You can choose keyword targeting so that your website comes up in specific searches, and you can also target by demographic. When you use Google ads you get to tap into their data and get your ads in front of your specific audience.
How to start your Google marketing plan –
- Identify Your Target Audience
Knowing who you’re trying to reach is the first step in creating your Google marketing plan.
- Use Adword Keyword Planner To Find Out What Your Audience Is Searching For.
This is a powerful tool that can help you revolve your content and your ads around searches your audience finds relevant.
- Determine The Actions You Want Your Customer To Take
Is it a web visit, a phone call, an opt in? Knowing the goals you hope to achieve from your campaign will help set you up for success as you measure your results.
If you haven’t made the most of your marketing strategy in the past, 2020 is a great time to get started on one, or all three, of these channels.